Friday, December 9, 2016

Connections

Dear Analin,

The "A" stocking has brought you to your second brother's attention this year. He's almost 5 and though we always talk about you, he hasn't been able to comprehend you yet. This year, he has. He asked who in our family starts with an A. He asked to see your books. He told me you are the best girl he ever missed. That he misses you so very much.

I'll admit I was worried about teaching you to him and to your little brother and if they could connect. This year, I'm not so worried. You are a part of our lives, every day, and this is where it shows, when a big brother who was too little to remember connects with his little sister through the memories we've kept and the words we share. It's powerful. You're powerful.

Thank you, my beautiful girl.

I love you.

Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing Thoughts